Scholarships available for student members
Lawmakers are making important decisions that affect our children’s health, well-being and educational opportunities. Join us and other PTA members across the state as we #backthefuture and advocate for our students! By working together, we can reform legislative policies to improve the quality of our children’s lives.
The actions of legislative bodies can have a profound effect on the education and well-being of children, and the McMillen High School PTSA serves as the voice for facilitators and parents in many legislative endeavors. We can work together to stay informed and educated on local school district and school board policy issues that affect McMillen students.
On a broader note, we also support Plano PTA and Texas PTA efforts to improve health, well-being and educational opportunities for every child. Successful implementation of our legislative positions is characterized by people working together to assure wise legislative decisions through knowledge of the process and an understanding of the issues.
- PISD Legislative Priorities
- Texas Legislature Online
- Texas Cares for Children - Web site on child-related legislation
The Texas Education Agency Web Site
The Texas Education Agency has a vast amount of material on their web site. This material includes the full text of the Texas Education Code, PEIMS data on every school area in the state, TAAS and TEKS information, and much more.
Letters to Legislators
- Choose a topic. Do a keyword search on the TX legislative website for bills that interest you.
- Identify your legislators by entering your address HERE.
- Find the legislator's email webform by clicking the name below.
- Review these letter writing tips.
- State your position on the subject line.
- Mention that you are a constituent and include your address.
- Refer to a bill number, if applicable.
- Clearly state what you want him/her to do.
- Explain why it is important to you, perhaps with a personal experience.
- Be polite.
- Keep it short.
- Thank him/her.
- Submit your letter.
- US Senator John Cornyn
- US Senator Ted Cruz
- US Representative Van Taylor
- TX Senator Angela Paxton
- TX Representative Candy Noble
- TX Representative Jeff Leach
- TX Representative Matt Shaheen
McMillen High School PTSA is a noncommercial, nonsectarian, nonpartisan organization that promotes the welfare of children and youth. We do not endorse any candidate or political party.
Internet links listed here will take you away from the MHS PTSA website. MHS PTSA is not responsible for any content outside of our website.
- Tuesday, April 4
- Thursday, April 6
- Friday, April 7
- Monday, April 10
- Thursday, April 13
- Tuesday, April 18
- Monday, April 24
- Tuesday, May 2
- Thursday, May 11
- Tuesday, May 16